May 9, 2007

Melbourne Trip













Juanita, Trudi and I had a monster time in Melbourne last week end, we went there primarily for the photography trade show and photographic print judging awards but we also managed to sqeeze in a wedding on Friday for Juanita and a family portrait on Sunday morning for myself, as well as a bit of shopping and lots of cafes with photo friends from all over Australia. It was great to catch up with people we had not seen for some time. We all had such a great time. Melbourne is a party place.
The photo awards were very good to me as well. I won a gold award for the shot of the band at Shaun and Miseon’s wedding plus three silver awards. One for a shot of James at Dimi and James’s wedding which I shot just recently and an image of the Brides bouquet from Sara and Fabio’s wedding plus the image of Susan’s veil flying in the air with Karl looking on so excited and happy.
I am really excited to have won 4 awards with the 4 prints that I had entered. It is especially exciting to win a gold award with a reception image as that had not been done for some years.
WE could not stay for the awards ceremony because Taylor and Dillon were singing at the opera house with their school concert so my awards will be posted up soon.
Here are the images that I won with plus a few fun ones of our trip. Melbourne is such a funky place to shoot we are thinking of offering our clients the oportunity to have their portraits taken down there. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my photos from Melbourne- Thanks